TAX ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
Our core field of activity is taxation. In this respect we provide tax advice, compliance services and litigation
Tax advice and guidance
We have been providing tax planning and guidance services since 1993 in several fields, among others:
- Corporation Tax
- Value Added tax (VAT)
- Group taxation
- Tax optimization of salary packages
- Tax treaties and nonresident taxation
- Transfer Pricing issues
We are registered tax agents before the Tax Office (“colaborador social”) and, as such, are licensed to submit any tax returns or reports on behalf of our clients. One important feature is that we use the information provided by our clients, as their CMR’s or accounting software produce them, to prepare the compulsory tax returns. We do not force our clients to send us the information in a predefined layout. We do the hard work and adapt the raw data of our clients to the Tax Office requirements.
Our compliance services cover:
- Valued Added Tax Returns (“VAT”), including Intrastat and intra EU transactions report.
- SII management (send vendor’s bills and sales invoices to the Tax office servers)
- Corporate Income Tax Return (“CIT”), including CIT Advanced Payments
- Control on Deferred Tax Assets and Liabilities.
- Local Business Tax (“IAE”)
- Related parties transaction report (form 232)
- Withholding tax on leased real estate (Form 115) and financial revenue (Form 123) and any other withholding tax obligations that may arise from time to time
- Suppliers / Customers annual informative statement (Form 347)
- Filing the compulsory accounting books (Journal, Trial balances…)
- Reporting the year end financials to the Mercantile Registry
- Compliance with foreign investments legal requirements (“Registro de Inversiones Extranjeras”)
- Compliance with the Foreign Disclosure of Assets Abroad (Form 720)
- Answering letters and orders sent by the Tax Office
- Representation in limited tax audits by the Tax Office.
Sometimes thing go wrong, and the Tax Office challenge the tax returns submitted (for instance,
they do not allow the deduction of certain expenses, or reject the application for an exemption…). In these cases, the taxpayers can appeal such decisions before the Tax Court (Tribunal Economico Administrativo) and eventually before the High Court. We have a long-dated expertise representing our clients before the Courts with a very high rate of success.