TAX COMPLIANCE FOR AMAZON SELLERS
We are one of the main Spanish players regarding VAT registration and VAT compliance for non-established entrepreneurs. Currently we have surpassed more than 1,200 VAT registration, most of them Amazon sellers and EU business doing distance sales in Spain.
Our VAT registration services include:
- Registration before the Tax Office for VAT purposes
- VIES registration
- Obtention of the electronic or digital certificate
- Providing a registered address
To get such number, all we need is:
- A Power of Attorney (PoA). The PoA must be legalized before a notary and apostilled with The Hague Apostille. Alternatively, the PoA can be granted before any Spanish Consulate abroad or legalized by it (for states not belonging to the Hague Convention). Under the new guidelines issued by the Tax Office, if a taxpayer has an EU VAT number, then a private Power of Attorney would be OK (not official legalization required).
- A copy of the Deed of Incorporation and the by-laws. These documents must be translated into Spanish. If the documents are in English, French or Italian a private translation would be enough. In any other language, the documents need to be translation must be certified by an official translator.
- A certificate from Amazon (or similar platform) certifying that the seller is engaged in cross border trading
- Copy Passport of the Director of the company
Once we have the documents we can apply for the registration and it takes about 3-5 days to be registered.
VAT ongoing services
Our services include the following tasks:
- Completion and filing of monthly or quarterly VAT returns, as required by the Law
- Intra EU sales and purchases report
- Intrastat reports
- Review and control of the VAT information related to the VAT returns
- Handling the payment of the VAT returns to the Tax Office
- Communication with the Tax Authorities
- VAT advice and guidance
- Assistance in the Tax audits performed by the Tax Office
For Amazon sellers, we prepare the VAT returns and related reports from the VAT transactions report provided by Amazon. In other cases, we will need a spreadsheet with a list of invoices issued and received during the relevant period.